Stop and Smell the Rosesadmin
As the old saying goes, “stop and smell the roses” – meaning don’t forget to take time to appreciate the little things in life. However – flower lovers rarely need to be told to do so. As a flower fanatic, how much do you know about the different varieties, and how to take care of them?
What’s the most popular flowers?
If you’re looking for a flower to give to someone you care about, these types are a must!
A springy, happy flower, the Gerbera can bring joy to any room. It comes in an array of different colours to help you express the perfect sentiment. The orange Gerbera is known to mean sunshine of life, while the red is known to express love and admiration.
Roses are often purchased in bouquets to give to loved ones. Why are they so popular? There are a wide variety of colours, smells, and sizes. Some of the most popular colours include red, yellow, and white, and they all have their own meaning. Red roses are a symbol of love while yellow roses are a symbol of friendship. White roses symbolise purity.
Another popular flower to give in a bouquet, carnations come in tons of beautiful colours. The colours each mean something different, which is why this flower is so popular with those who really want to express their true emotions. Carnations in general mean “woman’s love”, while pink carnations specifically stand for “mother’s love.” Light red carnations stand for admiration, and dark red represents a woman’s affection. The list goes on!
If you want to give a flower that symbolises purity and beauty, the lily is the flower for you! White lilies symbolise modesty, while orange lilies stand for passion. Lily of the valley is a symbol of sweetness and purity of heart.
Caring for your flowers
After you’ve received or given a beautiful flower bouquet, you’ll want to keep them beautiful for as long as you can. Here are some tidbits about caring for your flowers:
- Clean the vase before dropping your flowers in so that the growth of microorganisms is slowed.
- Be sure to remove all the leaves that are submerged in the water as they start to deteriorate.
- Change water daily and add flower food to make sure that the flowers always have something to eat and drink.
- Cut the stems at least 2 cm per day to keep them fresh.
- When you place your flowers in cool temperatures, they’ll lose less water.
- Keep your flowers away from heaters, heat vents, televisions or sources of direct light since this may wither them and cause colour fade
Everyone enjoys a bouquet
Next time you’re wondering what to purchase for a friend or family member, consider a beautiful bouquet! They’re sure to brighten any room.